PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dodgy or legit?
Thread: Dodgy or legit?
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2017, 20:30
Good Business Sense

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As said the wording from some is poor BUT nobody is arriving at a local grass strip to find a private pilot and his 1972 PA28 with the thinking it is anything other than a private pilot at a grass strip and a 1972 PA28.

Commercial pressure and customers thinking its some alternative to NetJets.... really?
How long have you flown commercially - are you a professional pilot ? Doesn't look like it.

Re. First para - have you actually dealt with the general public in commercial aviation terms - sales, operations etc ?

Ref. second para - yeh, "really", are you not aware of the many accidents related to commercial pressure - for example, with highly trained professional pilots e.g. helicopter at Vauxhall, Augusta 109 at Gillingham in 2014, numerous biz jet crews pushed by CEOs etc etc .... commercial pressure comes in all shapes and sizes and that includes from a Wingly pax arriving at a grass airfield and pressuring the PPL to go ("it's taken me two hours to get here and I need to be there for my girlfriends birthday" - "it looks ok to me", "thought you were qualified", "I want my £109 quid back right now" etc etc) ! It's one of a Chief Pilots biggest nightmares. Have you walked the mile ?

If you're a commercial pilot you'll know what I mean !