PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unintended 457 consequences could ground airlines
Old 30th Apr 2017, 10:00
Oldbrigade

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I was very fortunate to begin an aviation career in the early seventies, and go through to normal international retirement age. I also have recent Regional Airline experience and saw first hand the abuse and bullying perpetrated on young pilots who go the extra mile to try to build their careers into something worthwhile.

CASA can have all the mission statements they like, but until they employ people who actually know something about Aviation Safety, nothing will ever change. There are individuals out there in the Regional World in CASA approved positions of authority who are clearly unsuitable for the roles they administer. These individuals have an undesirable impact on the lives and careers of many good people, and the consequences of this can be permanent and damaging not only to those affected, but the industry as a whole, resulting in a spiral of intimidation.

My point is that until the Regulator demonstrates some sort of empathy towards Aviation through action rather than words, all of the views mentioned in these threads will be sustained. It is very pleasing to see a fairly unified position on this matter from all contributors.