PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which job? EZ vs NOR vs ME3
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2017, 22:30
Count of Monte Bisto

Received 233 Likes on 81 Posts
Interesting discussion. I am a training captain with easyJet (my 5th airline) and have not worked for NOR or EK. I have, however, trained a number of pilots who came direct to us from the other two. You could reasonably argue that the fact they came to us means they are not 'typical' and therefore will be biased against their previous employers. All I can tell you is that they all seem glad they came to easyJet. We are not perfect, but it is a pretty good option. Others have knocked the existence of unions at easyJet- my observations would lead me to the view that their presence has been a massive overall benefit to our pilots. The advantages of easyJet are job security, quick promotion, rosters issued on time, fixed-pattern rosters at larger bases, modern aircraft, good training, good safety culture, great colleagues and relatively little time away from home. The disadvantages are historically unstable rosters in the summer (this year is supposed to be different, but no one is holding their breath!), long 4-sector days and lots of hard work. One or two people who have come from Monarch and the like have felt almost overwhelmed by the intensity of the operation. The pay is pretty good in the U.K., France, Germany and Italy but not so good in Spain and Portugal. The dreaded flexicrew will be gone by the end of the year. If you have a job offer at BA, take it and if you are desperate for long haul easyJet is not the place for you. Thomson is ok but you will wait a long time for promotion. There is no perfect job but each of the companies mentioned can be good if you go in with the right attitude. Good luck!