PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dodgy or legit?
Thread: Dodgy or legit?
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2017, 11:53
JumpJumpJump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tobster911
I also believe that many of us are capable of making command decisions, and sticking to them. At the end of the day, someone I'd never met before is very, very, very unlikely to be able to influence a decision I made (when I say unlikely, if they threatened me or something, then perhaps I'd be persuaded - as most would, but any other reason, my decision is final).
You've kind of shot yourself in the foot there haven't you..... Alas

(read this to the end, it is going somewhere)

This is a very interesting thing for me, because, I am a very pro Uber person, having been in Brazil for the past 7 years, Uber was an absolute revolution in transforming a hideously unreliable and expensive taxi and private hire industry up to scratch, Uber now offers a ride that turns up in 5 minutes, in a clean and comfortable vehicle, with a polite and knowledgeable driver, all of whom, in the 2 years that I have used the service regularly, have driven safely and legally, there was a lot of resistance at first from the professional taxi driver up to and including lynchings and kidnappings. Fortunately, the Profissional and old guard of the taxi industry in Brazil have realised that they either need to up their taxi game, or join Uber.... This has worked well. Uber drivers are also watched like hawks by Uber, the last time I spoke to a driver, they were struck uf the app if their rating was below 4.7.... which means they need 19 out of twenty journies to gain a 5 star ranking.....

So, How would a ranking system work on Wingly? Passengers only ever think in Binary on flights... 0 or 5.

Why is wingly necessary? How are they going to improve on safety and courtesy in what is essentially the world most regulated market and workplace?

One of biggest problems that Uber drivers face is drunks, or people having a beer in the car........ Aviation has this problem too.... I guess passengers on a vfr Jaunt can drink, I'm sure it isn't stipulated in law.... Just that most airfields have a bar...... Off-licences sell cans too..... Would you feel confortable with 65 hours, diverting if a "guest" cracks open a bottle and is angry with you that you said no..... Would you back down and just continue and watch him get drunk with the stick in front of him? What if he wants a line of cocaine? We are talking about the general public here... not about other pilots or people that we know and trust.

Unfortunately, it only really seems to be a conduit in which many PPLs are seeing a cheaper way or a shortcut towards hour building.

Finally, I am not against cost sharing, but, surely as confident, young ppls, you must have enough friends, colleauges, family and people that you actually know that would love to have a fly out with you.

The idea of wingly, I believe was honest, but the application seems really poor..... Gash even.