PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2017, 20:59
FACoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bex88
VJW........I think you believe the hype. I could go to EZY and gain a pay rise in the region of 25k right now. A few of my colleague recently took EZY offers DEC. There have been a recent handful of LH FO's who have given notice. Simple truth is BA is good, it's average and really really crap, it just depends what you want from it.
Bear in mind that 25k not only gets taxed to the high heavens, but also buys you considerable fatigue and roster disruption. Furthermore your salary at BA will only ever improve, as will your seniority and therefore lifestyle. EZY will have you working the same 5 day min rest/max FDP duties with the same endless roster changes until you're forced into part time - at which point of course that extra cash disappears anyway.

Ultimately I suppose the same is true, EZY has ups and downs depending on what you want from it. Invariably, however, the things you want are usually the things the company doesn't provide.

BA (to my knowledge) is a good employer, offers stability, lifestyle, a career path and a half decent salary. I really do believe some people don't know how good they've got it.