PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2017, 19:46
Lee Baker Street

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
Sorry, I would not call 16 million passengers good news when the terminal capacity is only around 12 million passengers. I would call it a disaster for the airports already tarnished image.

Good news will be the removal of all roadworks from either side of the tunnel, the opening up of more bus bays, a new taxi rank and the completion of the drop off zone by its final extension under the footbridge and its missing section of top layer of tarmac in the coming weeks. It remains to be seen if any improvement to the traffic flow appears when all the work is finished during the morning peak.

The opening up of one of the new entrances will mark the first section of the new build to open plus a section of canopy. I would think this will happen in the summer.

The existing departure lounge will fully reopen around June, which together with the moved duty free shop, will modestly increase the public areas.

New stands for use by the terminal are already increasing the night stopping capacity with more to follow in June.

Not sure about the completion date for the taxiway extension to 08, as it will need connecting to the runway with planned airport closures in December and next January looking like the dates but when finished the airports runway rate will increase.

The starting of taxiway Foxtrot in the coming weeks.

The starting by the end of the year of the new mass transit system to Parkway.
LTNMan,

Try being positive!

A few years ago you laughed me off for suggesting that LTN had every right to be the UK's 5th busiest airport and here we are with that scenario!

I told you that EasyJet would double it's fleet from 15 A/C and again you suggested I was talking rubbish but here we are and they now have 23 A/C based at LTN with three years to bring just an extra 7 A/C on line!

When I suggested a couple of years ago the airports growth would be the eastern side no one listened! But trust me, LTN's growth will be based on the eastern side without penetrating its perimeter fence!

You state that LTN attracts 'pound shop customers' well factually I am more M&S, but irrelevant of that, I just like you can be considered 'old school' and I like to fly with a sense of nostalgic!

LTN Airport in my view and I state as someone with 35 years experience as a flyer and as someone who has experienced every other London Airport-has a fantastic future not yet realized!