PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wanting to quit aviation
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2017, 10:12
Left 270

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not a great deal to add and agree with everything so far.

I love flying but I didn't enjoy training, I did a 150hr syllabus and they managed to suck all the fun out of it. Pressure and less than desirable attitudes from some instructors/school staff can have a large effect on your mood and enthusiasm. I also don't like line training or checks, it's just part of the industry. I DO love the 'job' though, but it has its days still where you want to throw it away, you just need to move past them.

I recently enough did some private flying, probably the first time I had ever really done it as I was always on schedule during training and didn't get much choice as to where I flew, and it made me feel like a kid again. Could go wherever and whenever I wanted and that's what flyings about right? My favourite flying would be a full moon night in good WX, it's about as good as it gets for me, you just need to find your favourite, maybe it's aeros as mentioned, maybe it's TW and so on. Also consider doing some RA time, that's a lot of fun and some good skills to learn.

Also ask yourself if you were feeling 'bad' before starting to fly, it may actually have nothing to do with aviation but the pressure of it bringing to the forefront other issues.

Best of luck finishing your CPL, which I recommend and as stated the day you pass will be one of the best in your life, I vividly remember passing mine!