PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - can a short haul flight attendant take anti anxiety meds
Old 22nd Apr 2017, 06:28
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since the German wings aircraft was flown into the side of a mountain by a guy with mental Heath issues the industry has over reacted to those who have minor issues, I went to my Doctor following fatigue issues and got asked if I has considered self harming ! ............... all I wanted was the chance of a month or two of undisturbed sleep to recover from years of poor rostering.

A cabin crew member friend who lost her job and had family problems was for a very short time on anti depressants, having months back stopped taking the pills has had trouble getting back into flying because of this short time on the pills.

These are two examples of how the industry view on mental health issues has hardened recently and in my opinion swung to far in the direction zero tolerance to those on medication to the point were it is likely that people will hide issues they have. This was exactly what the German wings pilot did and I see this as exactly what will happen again if we let the lawyers rather than the doctors dictate the aircrew health agenda.