PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2017, 12:37
_aax1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Such a shame of the loss of TOM long haul after this summer.

I can understand why they wouldn't operate Cancun through the winter again as loads and yield have been rather poor on the route outside the summer.

I'm quite surprised they've abandoned long haul entirely as Orlando flights for this summer are almost full already and Montego Bay seems to be performing well sales wise. Both SFB and CUN were at 95%+ loads throughout the summer last year.

The demand is there but a complete lack of advertising and constant changes in the days of operations throughout the schedule I can imagine affected loads. TOM may want to focus on BHX and MAN where the crew and aircraft are based, as apposed to ferrying the aircraft down and back every week.

The reality is Jet2 will have more aircraft at Stansted than Thomson and Thomas Cook at Luton and Stansted combined next year. There is going to be over capacity on the short haul routes. I would of thought they would focus a bit more on long haul at STN because of this?

I'm sure there will be a new TOM short haul route announced with two gaps in the peak summer schedule to have the standard 4 flights a day schedule on two aircraft. Maybe Santorini, Mykonos, Preveza or Catania if they want a unserved STN route?

Thomas Cook short haul schedule for next year appears the same with two based aircraft between May and October with a 3rd based in July and August. Long haul appears to also been cut by 50% with just one long haul aircraft as apposed to two, although the second aircraft may yet to be sourced with the air tanker lease ending.