PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 15 injured in ‘serious’ stall alert incident on Qantas flight
Old 18th Apr 2017, 08:28
CurtainTwitcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW I did have a look at your links and there is a reason I have never studied philosophy, the links provide a good example.
That's interesting, because he was a fighter pilot who literally wrote the dogfighting manual Aerial Attack Study in 1958 (I'm reliably told that a copy is still in every fighter squadron around the world, and not a single manoeuvre has been added) and eventually declassified in 1964, who then studied engineering and thermodynamics.

He also single handily came up with the of Energy-Manoeuvrability theory that fundamentally changed the design of all modern fighters in 1966.

Then he went on to provide the conceptual design & ideas for the F-15, F-16, YF17 (FA18) and the A10, showed up the flaws prior to flight of the F111 to its designer. He Helped Plan Desert Storm, Saved the F-15, a Famous Fighter Pilot…But You’ve Never Heard of Him. He was an incredibly practical individual, and his theories were focused on just one thing, killing the other guy before he killed you. He based his theories on engineering, physics, thermodynamics and quantum mechanics. Some philosopher! But yeh, whatever. You might actually learn something by studying him & his work.

No, the thing that really gets me is the slur of "racist", once explicitly and then implicitly a second time.
Originally Posted by Lookleft
I have a feeling that had this occurred to an Asian carrier then the calls for "wait for the report" would not be so prevalent and that plenty of experienced pilots would be posting about where the crew went wrong.
post #71

Originally Posted by Lookleft
Once again had this happened to anyone else then I don't think the indignation would be so righteous.
post #80

I provided a link to a google search of MY posts with calls for "wait for the report" - Guess what? One of the those calls were for an Asian operator. I don't see people the calling "wait for the report" to protect, shieldor cover up for any particular race or pilot group, I see it because sensibly, most recognise there are so few facts on the table.