PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 15 injured in ‘serious’ stall alert incident on Qantas flight
Old 18th Apr 2017, 05:48
Lookleft

Received 190 Likes on 86 Posts
After 17 pages the preliminary report was finally released in post #326 . You know what? Not a single post prior to that close to the ultimate cause of the accident - the fact the B747-4 will capture a 3° path using inertial guidance with a false glideslope.
And what was the first safety recommendation of that report CT?

Most of the posts directed at me are not about any flaws in my hypothesis but all about the fact that I have dared to offer a hypothesis at all. That hasn't been my experience when I have commented on other incidents and accidents so my conclusion has been that it must be about the operator of the aircraft. BTW I did have a look at your links and there is a reason I have never studied philosophy, the links provide a good example.

If you want to wait until the report then like I said see you in 3 years time when the final might be released. Until then, if you don't want to provide comment on what you think might have happened then exercise your absolute right not to do so.

This had me laughing though:

Having heard the FACTS now, as related by the CAPTAIN of the aircraft, I can confirm that 95% of what gets written on PPrune is complete tripe! 5% excellent, but I'm sorry, the other 95% need a reality check.
is followed up by this:

And frankly PPrune is just as bad. Some people just have to say anything to appear relevant, even if it's total tripe.
It is your absolute right to post, but sometimes it might be better not to.