PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2017, 12:36
gbotley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@dannybuckley8,

BBVA will have discussions with you based on an amount you wish to borrow after you have completed and passed a CTC selection event. They're quite tight lipped otherwise and don't offer any real advice or support as to the product they're offering as it is as not really a consumer product.. it's more a 'commercial' banking product - they're in Canary Wharf after all - and is thus not covered by consumer protection and advice services.

Note that in addition to the BBVA application and legal fees which total around £2000, I then sought the professional advice of both financial advisors and property lawyers whom went through the contracts and offer from BBVA with a fine-tooth comb. It's hefty and BBVA pretty much prevent ANY alterations to a property throughout your term without them being informed as such. In total, I'd say expect anything from £3000-£4000 in fees alone depending on the property etc as some cadets even had to pay for BBVA's surveyors to attend their property and write up reports.

I originally requested the full £93,800 for Whitetail and BBVA practically ask for your entire life history and that of any guarantors in that they can make a decision on you. It turned out £70,000 was deemed the max I could be offered given the financial outlays of guarantors. I was then provided an offer in the post which outlined everything inclusive of payment amounts.

As for CTC itself, I'm quite happy here to be honest. Be under no illusion, it's a bloody hard graft. Ground School has been known to break people with the stress and I'll be the first to hold up my hands and say I even shed the odd tear here and there as it's a lot to learn in such a short space of time. With that said though, hard work reaps rewards and I've now 14 first time passes with 86% average and currently learning to fly out in New Zealand. You'll find this forum in particular is full of a heck of a lot of negative energy towards larger training organisations and whilst I suppose you do lose that 'personal touch' otherwise provided by a small flight club and spend a significant amount more, I can't fault the training itself.

In respect of employment, the way the market is at the moment so long as you pass everything to a high standard then recruitment is pretty steady. Even BA have returned to recruit cadets by tagging them as they complete Ground School. In essence, on completing training you're placed into a hold pool where a team at CTC Aviation then work to put you forward to suitable airlines for placement / interviews.

Hope that helps,

Last edited by gbotley; 17th Apr 2017 at 13:06.