PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where is the revenue Alan? (EK alliance)
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2017, 13:56
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bula

As for the whole QF Domestic and International being aggregated as opposed to JQ, one will find this is a hold over from the Australian Airlines almalgamation.
I distinctly remember QF making a big song and dance about splitting the reporting of QF DOM nad QF INT a bunch of years back. Increased accountability of some spin like that. Of course the immediate question of why that doesn't apply a,so to JQ was never answered.

And while they can use this segregation to leverage industrial and political opportunities, can you actually blame them for not combining these two parts of the business?
I suspect this was the reason for the spilt back when they did it a bunch of years ago.

Interestingly though, if memory serves me correctly, JQ used to report international and domestic financials separately. Now they only report yields and RSK's as a percentage of change.
I don't know about this but I recall a bunch of years ago The Cutest of Borg demonstrating that the pax numbers for 'JQ international' included their NZ domestic airline so the numbers have always been open to manipulation.