PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 14th Apr 2017, 00:48
ZFT
N4790P

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts
Cpt B
Sorry
Working for a LoCo, that never overbooks and does not do stby tqts.
Or connecting flights, DG ,Animals, UM , LongHaul, CodeShare or diffrent classes for that mater.
Just from A to B , on time! Most times!

If the Big Guys let a full fare PAX travel a day late after a noshow with no notice/rebooking, then they do have a strange set up.
What do I know, just been flying for 29 years .
And what I have seen as a customer after 9/11 is sad.

Watching this Corporate Crash Investigation unfold the last days in hyperdrive , is rather envigorateing , I must say!
The stress and the false use of the security card of all involved has turned off the pax bigtime.
Lets hope something positive comes out of this.

Regards Cpt B
I spent 6 extremely pleasant years working for 3 then majors in the States in the 80’s when travelling was (almost) a pleasure. Pre 9/11 so no restrictions on meet and great at the gate, no TSA, cabin crew who smiled and seemed to enjoy making the journey as comfortable as possible etc.. Yes, there was overbooking then but is seemed to be handled with care and the customer was treated as the customer.

I have spent all of the 21st century in an environment where customer service is still paramount and like you I too hope something really positive comes out of this whereby attitudes change and ground staff and cabin crew remember what their purpose is.

In many ways, the US travelling public have brought this on themselves with the race to the bottom on prices and the inevitable erosion of service, often under the guise of safety and security. Whether they will now accept the inevitable (modest) price increase to offset the cost of improved conditions remains to be seen.

I would also hope that non US carriers looking to further erode conditions (10 abreast 777 seating, BoB and the like) will also take note that there does come a point when even the most docile of passengers do rebel.