PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI fly MPL Flight College
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2017, 16:18
SeventhHeaven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clementijn
Wether it is not the best way to train or not is debatable. If you train via CPL/IR and jave a frozen ATPL, you have a bit more exoerience flying one engine aircraft, while MPL training gives the trainee more experience via the simulator in the airplane you're gonne fly after you obtain your licence. And after you obtained 1500 flight hours and have unfrozen your ATPL, it doesn't matter if you did it via MPL or CPL/IR. If you follow integrated course CPL/IR or MPL, either way you're inexperienced when you start flying, as was every pilot once.

Financially, this is for me the best scheme available. I will be able to live with family at Zaventem, so my whole salary is going to pay of my 30K student debt. After training, I have guaranteed employment at TUI for 24 months (spread over 36), in which it is most likely I will obtain 1500 flight hours and unfreeze my ATPL.

MPL-way = unfrozen ATPL and no debt at all

CPL/IR-way = frozen ATPL and +100 000€ in debt, because neither my parents or I can pay for it.
I won't enter the MPL/FATPL debate - Because even airlines don't know which is best. If it was absolutely perfect, everybody would do it. So far, airlines ONLY do it because it's cheaper. That said, it's different for sure, and I'm interested to see how it develops in the future!

Just FYI, I did not even spend 100 000€ (including my TR). You're being ripped off.

I made close to 50 000€ gross per year just with my uni degree at age 25. It's really not that special. 50 000€ gross spread out over 3 years is absolutely disgusting.

Don't get me wrong - you take what you can get in this industry - but ffs, stop jerking off TUI or the MPL scheme just because it's what you signed up for

Edit - Also, why the f are you comparing the MPL license after unfreezing the APTL (so basically 3 years in, at best because you still need to pass the test etc) to the CPL/fATPL path, right out of training? Anyway, have fun living on 1400€ a month after taxes for three years. It's beyond stupid, even as an 18 year old kid living with his parents.

Good luck to everybody interested.

Last edited by SeventhHeaven; 13th Apr 2017 at 19:38.