PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2017, 12:08
Danny42C

Chugalug (#10455) - and thanks to all the others who've welcomed me back so heartily,

You've put the finger on it:
...Like you, I cannot come to terms with the "use it, then bin it" ways of today. We dinosaurs must stick together!...
No, we can never be rid of the "make do and mend" mentality of our distant youth. I'm truly humbled by ORAC's generous offer, but (luckily) am in a position where I could buy a dozen new touchscreen laptops if I wanted and feel no pain.

But I "wasn't brought up that way" (as we used to say), we saved our pennies for a rainy day, when your sock had a hole, your Mum darned and darned it until there was more darn than sock. For you never know what the future holds.

In like manner my six year old Acer is "one of the family", you might say, for all its faults (and they are legion), I will stay with it (on the "devil you know" principle) as long as it stays with me.

Cheers to all for Easter, Danny (there is life in old dogs yet).

PS: Tastes vary, but if you're one of the few who haven't seen "Peter Kay's Car Share" (BBC1) yet, Series 2 is on iPlayer, but Series 1 (only on DVD now [Brazilian River - very reasonable] - best seen first ) - is more than worth the money. Try it ! D.

Last edited by Danny42C; 13th Apr 2017 at 12:10. Reason: Missed a Bracket