PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 13th Apr 2017, 01:43
ninedaysjane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by West Coast
Gauges

No, trying to educate people like yourself . . . .That's why this is going so slow, having to educate the uneducated. No harm meant, I'm sure I'd have a steep learning curve in a technical field outside of aviation.
In the five years that I've been a registered member (and a lurker well before that), I've never felt it necessary or appropriate to post, since I'm a lowly enthusiast and quite content to enjoy the collective wisdom of the pilot community. I haven't always agreed with everything I've read here, but the insight that I, a mere observer and dreamer, have gained has proven invaluable when an aviation story hits the news. I'm grateful for that.

I'm only speaking up now (and risking smack down by the pros followed by a swift removal from the site) because I am so appalled by the sheer arrogance of this particular poster. I've read thousands of posts on this site, and I don't think I've seen anyone express him- or herself in such a pompous, preening, sanctimonious manner. While I'm not a mental health professional, his tone and language convey an air of grandiosity that borders on narcissistic. Add me to the list of people who'd like to know who employs Captain Happy, because this is not someone I want conveying my 67-year-old disabled mother to see her ailing sister. This is not the man I want at the helm when my 19-year-old niece travels to South America to begin her study abroad this summer. Plenty of decent, considerate, safety- and passenger-oriented captains out there. This site proves as much. The world doesn't need another Jakob van Zanten.