PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 12th Apr 2017, 20:27
Three Lima Charlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did anyone else read on Monday that after Dr. Dao was removed, the second time, the passengers were deplaned back into the terminal so the cleaning crew could take care of the mess? Saw the following reported in a local Louisville newspaper:

Powell said he and other passengers were in shock, but the worst part, for him, came when Dao returned to the plane and was cornered near the bathroom in the back - closer to Powell's students. "I'm thinking to myself, 'Nothing good is coming of this,'" Powell said. "... I removed my kids from the plane, saying we don't need to see this stuff. We got up and left." The group was quickly followed by a father and his eight-year-old daughter, who was crying along with one of Powell's students, he said. Soon after, the airline deboarded the plane to clean up blood from the incident.

It was reported that some passengers with small children refused to re-board the flight, and took travel vouchers from United for a later flight. Thus the flight 3411 departed two hours later, with EMPTY SEATS.