PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 12th Apr 2017, 09:55
SW1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Icarus2001
Completely in your mind.

It is an OFFENCE to not follow cabin crew instructions. I have off loaded a passenger in Australia for smoking an E cigarette who was slow to desist when asked by cabin crew. I do not have to tolerate someone on my aircraft who will not follow instructions from cabin crew.

So in the US, he failed to follow their instructions so the police and/or security were called. Pretty clear breach of aviation law.

As to whether he could be removed, what do the terms of carriage say. I can only speak for Australia and the UK where the airlines guarantees to provide NOTHING in return for your booking.
was he smoking an ecig or drunk- no! So what offence had this man-commited? Refusing to give up his seat? which he had paid for and had a legitimate reason to stay on board.

why did they not try and find another pax to deplane? Using command authority in this situation was the worst call and will ultimately cost the airline(the commanders employer) dearly!!

Legal instruction relates to safety this was not anything of the sort..

my aircraft( its not yours its your employers)- Please!!!!

Last edited by SW1; 12th Apr 2017 at 10:04. Reason: my aircraft quote