PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 11th Apr 2017, 22:49
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As you very well know, nothing happens in any aircraft without the captain's consent. Even if this action was precipitated by the Ramp Supervisor, Corporate, Flight Operations or any other department/individual, nothing happens inside the aircraft without the captain's approval.
No, I am afraid you are being idealistic. There are often things that happen without the captains consent. There is no suggestion that the captain consented to any of this being executed in the manner it was. The captain may have been doing the "walk around" for all I know. Even if it were the case that he ordered the course of action, it is highly unlikely that he oversaw its execution. I think you need put the " lawful command and other utterances of self importance" handbook back into your back pocket until such time as it is properly needed, and use management skills to resolve an otherwise difficult situation. That is achieved just as effectively by supporting other people under your charge to do the same.