PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2017, 10:14
septerra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Instance56
Hi Everyone,

I attended my YOU session 2 days ago and managed to get a full JOR. My hope had been to put down Pilot and 2 engineering positions ( as i graduate at the end of the year ) for my preferences in the Air Force but in regards to my Pilot Preference the Career Advisor ( He is a RAAF Technician ) Wouldn't put down Pilot for me since I am turning 28 this year which is just past the 27.5 recommended cut off for DEO Pilot.

So i guess my question is , is it still possible for me to try and pursue Pilot in the Air Force despite my age ? I understand that the chance of ever flying a Super Hornet would be almost 0 due to my age but I am not a All or nothing Figher Pilot minded person I would like most people love to fly the Wedgetail or the Poseidon ect.

He said for me to Preference Army Pilot instead since they accept people up to 35 but i left a spot empty in case i have a chance to get the Air Force Pilot added to the list.

Thank you for any advice anyone might offer.

Keep at it. I was 22 when I applied and got an offer before medicals screwed me over. I'm 28 now and into my third attempt since. I'd still be at it at 35 or however long it takes.