PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2017, 07:07
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
1) You'll fly 800hrs+ on SH. Completely incorrect as far as my experience goes. 600 hours in the last twelve calendar months. Others I speak to have averaged around 700*
..and OTOH on Longhaul we've got more than a few folks ringing the 900 hour bell.

Problem is Rex is trying square what you've experienced with the fact on another forum some folk are regularly pushing how awful SH rosters and workload is under EASA rules. Certainly at the moment isn't it also fair to say that one's position on the seniority list can make a tremendous difference to your perceptions of BA? I also know there are ways of being say 80% off the top low hours but there's often a trade off involved that some people possibly wouldn't want to entertain (e.g the unpredictability of being time assignable as a blind line holder or just the total unpredictability of reserve).

I do happen to know from conversation there are still some very unhappy SH (and LH) bunnies out there, so maybe on average workload is somewhere between yours and what amigo south wrote a while back

That aside I do agree with a lot of your other points, and frame of mind and expectation comes into it.

Last edited by wiggy; 6th Apr 2017 at 07:43.