PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best route after University - flight training
Old 31st Mar 2017, 06:37
Rottweiler22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you're in a pretty good position to go the modular route. At least you have an education to fall back on. I think your best bet is to get a job with an airline in operations, or ground crew, and do a PPL on the side.

The only thing that worries me about the modular route is getting through the ATPL theory exams. Sadly, they're not like driving test theory exams, where 20 minutes per day on an app for two weeks prior is enough to get you through. Integrated courses take six months to get through all 14 exams, and that probably works-out at nearly 8 hours per day of study. For six months! ATPL theory exams aren't difficult at all, you just 100% need to know the content, and as new questions are constantly being added, hammering the question banks isn't good enough anymore. Because of this, unless you can devote some serious time to learning the ATPL theory, whilst working, I think a good option to consider would be going to a proper ground school for six months to do the exams. It won't be cheap, but ideally you want first-time passes at everything, with a high an average as possible, so I'd advise getting the theory done, ASAP.

Good luck anyway, and if you need any help, don't hesitate to PM me, we're from a similar area.