PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 30th Mar 2017, 11:34
Ryanaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL recommendation + modular

Hi all,

I'm just starting out and wanted to ask if anyone has any good/bad experiences training for a PPL (A) with any of these flight schools. They're the ones closest to where I live:

VVB at Elstree (40mins)
Stapleford (1hr)
Turweston (1hr 15)

It's quite a daunting task knowing where to start and I think I'll probably visit a couple first to see what the atmosphere is like.

I want to go the modular route into commercial flying. I'm mid thirties now and have a well paid job, low mortgage with lots of time off (why would I give it up I hear you ask!) and it seems less of a risk for someone in my situation. I.e If I don't get a job straight away, it wouldn't be a catastrophe financially.

My plan is to get a PPL and then look at CTC for distance ground school and then perhaps their modular flight training modules (£34k) ish.

Hour building, I'm not sure what the most cost effective way of achieving this is yet so any recommendations would be great. CTC recommended I go to Cyrpus!

Sorry if I'm going over old ground with this post and I do hope this forum will welcome me with open arms for the daunting journey ahead.