PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C172 Still In Production After 60 Years.
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2017, 02:33
Band a Lot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not quite sure when USA was part of the Pacific!

This is a professional pilots rumour network, where one would assume that you are at least an aviation professional of some sorts.

* Would a C172 owner and private pilot be considered a "professional"? I can not see how they would meet the criteria but certainly believe they have every right to post on this public forum.

There are so many opportunities for decent paying jobs that you'd have to decide which offer to take.

* Can you please link say 10 of these positions of well paying jobs (a variety of professional aviation jobs such as Pilots, Engineers, Air Traffic Controller, Mechanics, Painters, Regulators and Refullers would do).

You can go to mechanic school and get a decent $30 an hour job at a million and one places.

* I suggest only if you have mechanical skills and that is only about $60,000 a year not enough for a single parent with 3 kids and paying $20,160 a month in rent.

You can get a flight instructor job paying $35 an hour at every airport.

* $35,000 a year if the max hours (using 1,000) of the regulator are used.

With a Commercial/Instrument/Multi you can go right seat of a Beech 1900, Jetsteam 31 or Metroliner that pays $25,000 a year.

* What will my kids eat?

Captains with 1200 hours and a Pt135 letter get about $50,000 a year.

* I'll eat the kids!

With 1500 hours and an ATP you can get a job at any regional airline paying $50,000 a year to start, and about $80,000 once your captain.

* Is that 80K take home?

If that sounds like a mean, oppressive, nasty place. Then it's not for you.
Personally, I love it

* I have never been to the States but I know certain thing are quite cheap but I honestly can not see $80K even if net, having me and my 3 kids having a better quality of life than we have now. Possible great for a single or couple both working.

As a mechanic I don't think I would work for $30 per hour.