PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2017, 08:38
FoxChaRomeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scouseflier85
Hi all I'm in my early 30s and was wondering if there was any guys or girls same sort of age group who have gone down the integrated route i.e. Ctc fte oaa either mpl or whitetail who have gained employment with ezy ryr etc do these airlines prefer younger cadets or do I stand the same chance as someone fresh out of education I am 31 to be precise and currently an engineer in the motor industry but aviation has long been a passion of mine any information would be greatly appreciated many thanks
Scouse, I started a white tail integrated program at CTC the week before my 36th birthday. Been on the line with easyJet now for over a year, and was successful in the BA direct entry pilot selection at the end of last year, just waiting for a start date.

So, age is definitely not an impediment! In fact out on the line, I'd say it was a significant advantage, skippers appreciate talking to a bloke (or girl) who has a bit of life experience and not someone who's 20 and just fallen out of school and into a training school on the back of Mum & Dad's ££.

Don't get me wrong, it's bloody hard work, and living with a bunch of 'kids' for 18 months while you complete your training who are 10 plus years younger than you and have a very different outlook on life is not easy. But it's relatively short term, and when you finally get sat in the right hand seat you will appreciate it much more.

I spent 10 years in the motor trade too, albeit in sales (don't hate on me! ) and during a difficult day, I often think to myself "I could still be selling cars!" It definitely helps to put the tougher times (and there will be some) into context with your previous career, which makes them so much easier to deal with.

Hope that helps, good luck!