PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Runway Controllers and the Runway Caravan
Old 21st Mar 2017, 19:22
NutLoose

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,192 Posts
Saw a Jag off in Deci, several going to a pis...... Errr... meet and greet the locals in Gib, on walk round noticed hydraulic fluid on the underside of the door, rigger Chief cleared it, after start up checked again and was dripping, gave him signal to shut down as rest departed... Talk about spitting his dummy out.... Door opened and full of fluid... Probably would have ended up swimming.

Well done on the Good show, got one, was getting put in for three in total, though laziness meant paperwork never got processed, but end of the day, I was doing my job... One that even surprised me was when hopping over the spine from one side of the aircraft to the other stub wing on a VC10 and seeing a crack in the skin on the fin, it wasn't the fact it was cracked, it was the fact it was about 3 foot long lol

Bruggen we also had a guy check them before they departed the Sqn site, I did call up ATC once while waiting at the lights at the end of the runway as the Jag departing went overhead with the airbrakes out!

Last edited by NutLoose; 21st Mar 2017 at 19:41.