PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay colors?
Thread: Gay colors?
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2017, 22:34
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
I'm not sure why people assume that it is just the Christians who are against SSM. I don't think that people of Jewish,Islam,Hindu, Buddhists are openly supporting it either. If the people in support of SSM are the enlightened members of the community where do they draw the line? Why not amend the Marriage Act to allow for polygamous marriages? If its all about the love why does the LGTBIQ (will someone please explain the difference between the G and the Q) lobby group want it restricted to 2 people. Isn't that concept out of date? If its just about equality and saying that all love is equal why is it restricted to people. There are plenty of people who consider their pets as children and that animals are equal to people so why not extend that equality. Surely in 50 to 100 years time there won't be the moral objection there is now. At least the partner won't have to rely on their well being dependent on a will. Its an extreme example I know but what is the line? Who gets to define where that line is?

Christians have always stood up for what was central to our faith. The Christian faith does not change yet societies values are always changing. The Bible did not prevent woman getting the vote, it does not give anyone the right to denigrate anyone else in society, it does not require you to go to church if you don't believe God exists. Christians will not just accept that SSM is a natural progression when Jesus said

"4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

The Gay Lobby and its supporters won't agree but Christians like me and Keg don't accept that SSM is a positive step and will continue to disagree. If the majority of Australians don't have a problem with it then lets have a show of hands through the plebiscite. In the meantime ASX listed corporations should not be using their businesses and employees to run a political agenda.