PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 20th Mar 2017, 11:34
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello
Not all answers for now but :
9) ATPL theory is usually done just after PPL and night flying. It is actually a prerequisite to have passed theoretical exams before IR and CPL training. You could take IR theory and CPL theory but nobody does that. There must be a very good reason why.

6) A type rating is a specific training to fly on a specific aircraft. Every large aircraft or aircraft family (such as 318/319/320/321) has a specific type rating. I would recommend paying for a type rating not before you're hired for a job and you're 100% certain you'll fly and be paid thanks to that type rating

7) Line training is the usual training you get when you first start working for an airline. It consists in a few tens of hours (up to 100 I think) and flights during which you'll be trained in order to become a fully autonomous first officer.
Some disreputable companies will sell you block of hours, which they call line training as well, but it is essentially P2F : pay to fly, which also means pay to work.

8) You need to get a job to get your first 500 hours on large aircraft. You need 500 hours on large aircraft to get a job. No easy solution. A few airlines will however consider your application with little hours (Wizzair for instance)