PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2017, 06:20
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, but one finds a better class of t0sser in first class!

I'm s self-employed hotelier and I find my place the subject of these disgruntled budget traveller reviews, we sell rooms on a 'room only' basis and the most recent review complained that he found himself unable to ask, because he's racist and only wants to ask a fellow country person and not a foreigner like myself, to borrow our restaurant kitchen utensils and for us to provide to him, free of charge, boiled mineral water … It has never occurred to him to buy a coffee in a restaurant or to buy water from a shop whilst investing in a travel kettle … So I'm with the airport regarding this review because I can see straight through it.

These travellers did not live in Southend, they had no car parked at SEN, so they were free to travel BCN to any of the LON airports, they clearly opted to travel to SEN because the fare was cheaper than to other LON airports where all night terminals would be open with National Express coaches and perhaps rail services operating throughout the night.

They PRESUMED that SEN's terminal would remain open all night, they made no effort whatsoever to pre-book, online, a budget hotel or B&B before arriving, a low overnight temperature wouldn't have been any surprise to them, they knew there were no middle of the night public transport services, they complained that the airport McDonald's wouldn't accommodate or serve them when I'm pretty damn sure there is a H24 burger joint or similar in downtown Southend … But that would incur the cost of a taxi!

Disgusting” that the airport hotel wouldn't let them doss down in their lobby free of charge … LOL

Rant over

P.S. You should see some of my responses to my own place's online reviews