PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 17th Mar 2017, 19:17
G SXTY

Supercharged PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F2L
You obviously have your heart set on joining Flydubai, which is fair enough. Several experienced FZ pilots have given you a very accurate picture of what life is like at Flydubai; you say you are looking for feedback, but then dismiss any negative feedback as 'opinion'.

How about some facts for you?

In a two year period at FZ which I am intimately familiar with:

- Two aircraft were hit by small arms fire. One during a turnaround in Djibouti (with the crew onboard) and one on approach to Baghdad.
- One aircraft was taxiing in at Kandahar while the airfield was under rocket attack.
- An aircraft landed at Sanaa, parked on stand and was promptly surrounded by armed Houthis rebels. And that after the captain had received specific assurances from FZ management that it was safe to fly there.
- At a job interview for Flydubai, candidates are asked: "Are you prepared to fly to war zones?"
- Almost exactly a year ago, a Flydubai flight crashed at Rostov, killing everyone onboard. To date the Russian investigators have found no pre-existing fault with the aircraft, and are focussing on human-factors issues, including the rest patterns of the accident crew.

The above are FACTS, not opinion.

I would suggest the facts speak for themselves.

(And for what it's worth, I am one of hundreds of ex-Flydubai pilots who have voted with their feet and moved onto better things).