PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abort and Go-Round @ BHX 12.3.17
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2017, 12:03
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Wiggy

As a regular passenger I think that the pilot should give an apology and detailed explanation of what happened as soon as possible and also make himself or herself available for media interviews in the jetway after landing . In fact nowadays with FR 24, spotters equipped with 1990s spy quality cameras and Airport CCTV there should be a panel of experts who critique the landing on the TV news that night and comment on whether it was the fault of the pilot or the tower. And of course the video can be streamed globally on YouTube for further comment .

Coming back to reality , I was quite surprised when reading another thread on go arounds that i have experienced rather more than even many crew members have but hats just a coincidence I am sure. Speaking as passenger I have always appreciated a quick word from the flight deck but only ata point when all is stabler again and headign back for another approach because I think it scares some people who are nervous flyers anyway. i think a lot of others are surprised at how effortlessly (I know there is a lot to do up front but I am talking about the aircraft here) a really large aircraft can climb away from these situations. I certainly do not expect anything more than - we have to make another approach the runaway wasnt clear or something very basic and non alarming (unlike a KLM 737 captain some years back after we went around on a very very bumpy approach to AMS . Who said 'that was very rough wasn't it-too rough for us so we will try again' but then the Dutch are plain speakers