PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2017, 00:07
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem is - you are writing in past tense for some reason and indulge in sweet memories of a time long gone - a time when punters were not used to pay 9.99 GBP to fly across Europe and thus were willing to pay realistic fares for regional flying.
virginblue,

Please don't preach to me whilst making wrong and ignorant presumptions in the process.

For your information I worked for, and knew personally, the guy who invented low cost air travel and 38 years ago I was working for Europe's first low cost airline.

Believe it or not there are people that don't want to pay, as you quote, GBP9.99 across Europe, I'm one of them, there are plenty more like me and that is why legacy carrier survive and prosper., likewise regional carriers survive and prosper also and shall continue to do so.

A very true saying is "The cheaper the fare then the worse the passenger" and I, and many others, are quite happy to travel with legacy carriers to enjoy a more professional, courteous etc. service whilst avoiding the riff raff!