PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignation Tips
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2017, 02:45
Uplink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there somewhere in cargo village we can take the pets to get checked for the right size container?
I am hearing a few things from guys who have now left with reference to pets. I will be soon in this position shortly. For pet carriers, I have been advised to go to major pet stores. Look also on Dubizle as we found a pet carrier there for our dog for half the price. One pet store is up Hessa street at the top. A pain to get to, but they measure up for the pet too.

Here is the fun part, I have spoken to 3 guys who recently left and they all said the same. You will purchase your pet container and then measure and weigh the item. It will most likely go on volumetric weight. Having put the measurements and weight into the pet shipping section of staff travel, you receive a quote. Make a note of this with a screen shot. You will take the pet to cargo village to get a fit to travel from the vet section there, having already obtained a certificate from your personal vet too. That from what i understand is relatively pain free. This should be done a day or two prior to travel but no earlier as the certificate has a validity.

On the day of travel, when you are dropping your pet off, you go back into EK cargo. You will find the price will have doubled and no one really knows why. They have you against the ropes at this point as you want your pet to travel. All the guys I have spoken with, were quoted initially around 1500-1800 dhs. They ended up paying on the day of travel 4000 dhs plus. there is only one word for this....Shysters...

Here is the next part. When you go down to say goodbye to Rover, the vet on duty will tell you that the expensive water bottle you have bought isn't sufficient, so you need to purchase one of their water holders which they attach to your pooch's kennel. EK again ripping off their staff. Don't you just love them!