PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 11th Mar 2017, 10:50
LOMCEVAK

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
With respect to the comments on here regarding G-LOC/A-LOC/P-LOC, in paragraph 1.18.10.1 of the AAIB report, the Consultant in Aviation Medicine (RAF) is quoted as stating " Therefore, I can find no evidence of G related impairment in the material available for review."

Flying multiple types requires a specific, methodical approach with respect to preparation and currency. Many pilots do so very successfully, including at an air display, having learned the required philosophical approach and skill sets. From my own experience and from watching others, the greatest potential for errors due to transference of skills from one type to another comes when the differences are small or subtle. For example, flying both a JP3 and a JP5 could, in my opinion, result in errors, as could flying an airframe that has an ASI in knots when the pilot normally flies that type with airspeed displayed in mph. However, large differences, such as when flying two types like the JP and the Hunter with significantly different take-off and transit speeds and totally different roll rate and normal acceleration responses for a given stick deflection and applied force, do not normally lead to transference after a significant period of time airborne.