PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL theory questions
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2017, 15:59
oggers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Alex I understand take-off performance. My point is that it doesn't matter what alternative answers "may be possible" because one of the answers is correct anyway, based solely on the limited information provided.

KP asked "if anyone has an explanation in favour of the green answer". There is one and it is the only one that does not involve changing the question from "which of the following is correct" to "which of the following would be correct if V1 was no longer found to be less than Vmcg".

Maybe after studying performance people feel insulted by such a simple question that they have to change it around so as to try and show off. It seems to me that this question comes straight out of CAP698, where it says:

Compare V1 with VMCG. If V1 is less than VMCG, take-off is not permitted

My experience with these multi choice tests is that the questions are often based on literally regurgitating simple statements taken from approved study material. Sure, the answer may be less complete or less clever than you would give in an oral or practical test, but what matters in trying to pass the multi choice is simply to choose the answer that will get you the mark.

I don't wish to mire the atpl questions thread in a subjective debate about the merit of this question. But if anyone wishes to raise a thread about it in the Technical or Questions forums there is probably a lot more that could be said.