PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 9th Mar 2017, 07:26
Twist & Shout

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by HeliComparator
Well once proven for a 225, but never mind! Anyway I am not suggesting that everyone jumps back into a 225 right now. Even though the probability of a rotor head coming off again is probably much less than the probability of another sort of accident, it is of course sensible to wait until we know exactly what the cause of the problem was and there is a satisfactory remedy. But my point is that if those two criteria are met, the only reason not to fly it again seems to be its trial and guilty verdict by social media, hysteria and general ignorance.
HC
I think we are having parallel arguments, rather than totally disagreeing with each other.

We both agree, that we wouldn't like to fly (in) a machine that has a known fault. A fault that can't be mitigated or compensated for.

Personally, after what has been claimed by AH up to now, I'm disinclined to believe anything they say, especially in regards a "fix". Apparently within 24hrs of the Norwegian tragedy, there was "no problem" that wasn't "caused by maintenance issues". Disgraceful.

Once the problem has been fixed, and scrutinized by an independent authority, Ill happily fly the Super Doopa Puma again.