PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avalon Airshow 3-5 March 2017
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2017, 20:13
IFEZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hahaha spot on gerry111..! F35 'Lightning' indeed

I went on the Friday this year just for something different. In some ways it was better than the weekend due to slightly smaller crowds but the flying display was not as comprehensive. Also seemed a bit disjointed at times as did some of the commentary which was cringeworthy in parts .

So the F/A-18 4 ship display didn't happen yesterday..? Neither did the Roulettes on Friday. Pulled the pin because apparently it was too windy?! Anyone know the real reason..? Wind looked to be 20-25kts from the SSE. Enough to ground our premier 'cream of the crop' airforce display team..?? Well it didn't actually ground them, they took off in formation and never came back!! Conditions didn't seem to bother anyone else including the Harvards , the Pitts and the Tin Stix boys!

Military jets were a highlight as usual. And as others have already mentioned the US commentary on the F22 & F16's. Comedy gold

Special mention to the organisers of the night show. I have to admit I was a bit sceptical about what was on offer, and was considering bailing out early to beat the traffic, but stuck it out to the end and boy was it worth it. The fireworks at the end were spectacular!! Well done to whoever put that together

So summing up, whilst there was nothing much we hadn't already seen before, it was still worth going and had an enjoyable day out. Even getting out of the carpark at the end provided some further entertainment. Never ceases to amaze me how some people behave