PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 3rd Mar 2017, 14:27
Homsap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiggy...

I accept that he may later have suffered from from memory loss at a latter date, not least as he was placed into an induced coma.

I do not think my comments are harsh, if a pilot of a commecial flight crashed a aircraft as a result not abiding to DA/DH, approach speeds, or the regulated speed say below 10,000 feet, and as a result eleven people died, wouldn't we be calling it both professionally negligent and criminal.

Likewise, had the pilot been given too much morphine at the crash scene and died as result, wouldn't his family be calling the paramedics negligent and be suing the ambulance service.

But in fairness to the pilot, and putting aside any action by the police or CAA against him, whether he is in the right or wrong, I don't think anyone would want to carry the burden of guilt and in addition I would imagine 'on the balance of probabilty' through the civil court he will loose everything.

Again in saying I'm harsh, I do accept that in part the CAA are at fault as display authorision process is way out of date, which was the case in both this accident, the Gnat crash and others. Likewise you would think the local planning authority in conjunction with airports and the CAA, could place exclusion zones when displays take place, rather wasting their time investigating or persecuting people for illicit garden decking,etc..

Courtney Mil....

I think we all see things in a different way, and the 'selective' way I put it was as the events in terms of an error chain within say a few minutes, he may have misread the altimeter or ASI, or thought he was in a JP we will never know, as for the non application of power which might have been human error, if not had the engine malfunctioned, in any event in planning the display, I would hope the pilot might have had 'an escape plan' in the event of an engine or instrument failure at any stage of his display.

Last edited by Homsap; 3rd Mar 2017 at 14:45.