PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2017, 22:37
Aviationtrader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for your advice.
Sir(tech log) my intention wasn't to brag, I understand I'm just as vulnerable to be unsuccessful at any stage of the course as anyone. So I retract that statement.

GDAJB: I was not aware that Monarch charge for a type rating, I was just told by the CTC advisor that they are one of the airlines who do not charge but deduct from the initial pay over a certain amount of months, which I guess works out to be the same but that would have helped my situation by not actually needing to give the cash upfront. I the advisor was right!

In regards to the MPL, I was made aware by the advisor that you're provided with an airline specific type rating?? :S.. Would that mean I'd be unable to move airlines without having to fork out another £30k for a type rating? Also, I'm confident (not bragging) that I should pass the ATPL but worst case if I do not pass the interview with easy jet after completion, would I still have to pay the full Easyjet MPL fee (£109,000).. Or would I be refunded the difference of (£15,000). ATPL Whitetail (£94,000)..

Im sorry if I'm coming across not having done the appropriate research etc but thats why I've joined this forum to gain the knowledge of the experts. I've read many of the old forums but as I'm sure you're aware everything is changing so fast in this field and most of the figures and fees are out of date.

Tech Log: In terms of being selective with the desired airline, would I be better off going with OAA as they state they are not filling spaces on a first come basis with partner airlines, the way CTC do, they state that instead their graduate services will help create and modify applications to suit the graduates preference? I know it may be a sales speech.

My only concern is right now that I do not want to commence a course and potentially be jobless by the end of the 18 month adventure at the expense of circa £120k..

Thank you once again,

Willing to take on all the constructive advice anyone has to offer!