PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2017, 13:16
tech log

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98% of graduates placed within the first 2 months have secured jobs as FIRST OFFICERS, the response was YES.
Bear in mind this includes MPL trainees, the 98% figure includes everyone not just Wings trainees.

Would I get preference in terms of the airline I want to fly for once I've completed the course.
Haha no. It doesn't work like that.

If successful at the trainee review board after completing AQC you're placed in the hold pool. Note being in the pool does not guarantee a route to any airline you like, there will be people in it right now who are eligible to be in it but won't be eligible to apply for easyjet for example.

Airlines will email CTC and say "we want 6 to interview next week" and CTC send out an email to eligible hold pool trainees asking if they want to apply. The 6 who respond with the highest seniority numbers go to interview.

You have preference in so much as you tell CTC if you want to apply to that airline when the airline come to CTC with their request.

Do not be under the impression that you tell CTC you want Monarch and they will send you there for interview.

Please note my competency and ability to sit exams is not an issue
I would respectfully suggest your first task before applying to Wings interview is to climb out of your own bottom. Cocky students get their wings clipped big time at CTC; the management have been flying for decades, they have seen it all before. You have no idea whether you have the competence and ability until you are well into the system. It is not uncommon at all for cadets to fall short and end up getting their training contracts terminated, or to balls up their AQC and restrict their eligibility for easyJet. There are guys who have good ground school results and then go to HN/PHX and totally balls it up, they can't fly to CTC standard. It happens.