PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2017, 00:28
Aviationtrader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC vs OAA FO employability rates + airline choice

Hi, been trying to create a thread, possibly not required after posting on here..

I'm looking to start the CTC whitetail program (integrated ATPL) in the upcoming months, I've saved up half the fee for the course and will be borrowing the rest.

I have a couple of questions if someone can help..

1) Is the success rate of CTC as good as they state? I have spoken to several advisors and have specifically asked if the stated 98% of graduates placed within the first 2 months have secured jobs as FIRST OFFICERS, the response was YES.

2) Would I get preference in terms of the airline I want to fly for once I've completed the course. I prefer Monarch due to their routes and FREE TYPE RATING. Which brings me onto another question, would I be better off at OAA for specific airline selection. I will be tight for funds after sparing 100k for the course at CTC. I need to know where my chances for employment would be the highest.

Please note my competency and ability to sit exams is not an issue or the subject in question..

P.S will have more questions in due course, if someone could guide me to setting up a new thread it would be great!

Thanks !