PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Small singles in Indonesia and the Philippines
Old 21st Feb 2017, 01:08
RadioSaigon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmmm... I really don't want to rain on your parade, but:

Speaking of Indonesia specifically: GA (as you and I understand it) revolves mainly around flight "training". I know of no "for hire" per se airframes available. Others may have more relevant information, as I am Indonesian Papua based. The rest of the GA scene here is largely based on sustained Commercial activity. So no, really they have no concept of hire & fly here at all.
Validation of licences here is an ongoing nonsense. I've been here 5yrs+ now, with a renewal validation pending. I started the process 3 months pre-expiry, I have about 3 weeks remaining and to date, no info. Just an example.
There probably is an opportunity to rent something like a 182 or a 206 somewhere in Indonesia... but given your plans, you will find a near-impossibility of feeding the bitch the further you take it from its operating base. Almost everything here feeds on JetA. AvGas is a nightmare to source, have delivered and find. And poisonously expensive when you can.

That's about as far as I can "help" you I'm afraid. No doubt there'll be others able to assist with other queries.