PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay colors?
Thread: Gay colors?
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2017, 00:41
dr dre

Received 356 Likes on 195 Posts
No-one bats an eyelid when airlines sponsor and promote sporting events or sports teams. Makes good marketing sense, yes?

As soon as they sponsor or promote something we are bigoted against, we all start searching for reasons why they shouldn't!
I personally think cricket is the most boring, uninteresting "sport" to ever have been conceived. I would rather watch paint dry. Did I have a massive whinge when planes get painted with schemes advertising the national cricket team, or over cricket "stars" appearing in the safety video? No, because I'm not marketing management, and I understand they have their reasons for promoting themselves to the many people who follow cricket.

There have been other times promotions have been done for topics that I've personally disagreed with, I never felt the need to even open my mouth over it or run to PPrune to vent my anger. You may personally dislike or just have no interest in Mardi Gras, that's fine, but there are many who do and it makes sense to market to those who do.