PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2017, 08:49
Jonzarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pulse1
It seems to me that TCT's basic error was getting caught up in the big boy's PR machine in return for a well supported, adventurous series of flights. And how many amongst us could honestly say that we would have been able to foresee the problems which would arise and have resisted such a tempting opportunity.

Having "sold her soul to the devil" as it were, her poor handling of the aftermath has actually shown her not to be a naturally devious person as so often portrayed on this thread. Perhaps an admission from her that this has been the case would be well received and understood. It would also be a very good warning to anybody, in any field, thinking of allying themselves with companies with large PR budgets.
That does sound quite persuasive. She may also not have realised quite how important is the distinction between solo and non solo until the brown and steaming hit the fan here. If that is true, then her next, and IMHO bigger, mistake was not facing up to it at that time.

Unfortunately for her, the tactic of ignoring the problem and waiting for it all to go away hasn't worked and, as I posted earlier, I would suggest she should try another approach. I hope that perhaps Terry can persuade her to do that.