PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airprox between 2 a/c inbound to Dublin
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2017, 15:16
Martin_123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An official (noise) report on dublinairport.com tells us that there were 1,411 arrivals (recorded as noise report events) on RW16 as opposed to a total number of such events of 70,107 for 6 months January to June 2016 i.e. indicative of 2% of arrivals.

Can we say RW16 gets well used 1 day in 50? Maybe speed/capacity limits should apply 1 day in 50 until they fix the system on RW16 Arrivals. Should the risks be NOTAM'd?
I'd say most of those movements in 2016 were recorded off peak hours when they closed the 10/28 runway to do upgrades from 2300-0500, that actually was NOTAMed as far as I can remember, and since that happened out of peak hours it didn't cause so much hassle

anything else, like weather or breakdowns on 10/28 forcing to use 16 cannot really be NOTAMed if you think about it.. no major airport is immune to weather temporarily reducing it's capacity and causing some holds/diverts. Of course there is always room or improvement but I don't think anyone flying into Dublin would consider their arrivals as broken or anything