PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HONG KONG AIRLINES A350
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2017, 21:54
flyer25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HKA Qualification

ApilotB,

I think if you have less than 500 hours you have a long way to go to qualify. I am confident you will need more than 1500 hours. However, maybe 1000 will do it so throw it in there, but read some of the reviews about HKA quite careful and ask yourself what you want to accomplish by up rooting yourself to come to a very expensive city and HKA. Depending on your age, you will not be typed when you arrive and it will take about 4-6 month to get a type rating on the A320 and license conversion in Hong Kong. Let's say 6 months, you check to the line, then you will need about 2500-3000 hours to get a Command offer maybe even longer if they already have DE CAPTs. The average monthly hours for a FO is about 50-60 right now maybe 65-75 in some cases. Divide that into 3000 hours and that will give an estimate of the time you might be able to upgrade. There are multiple items that go into being asked to upgrade so it's not a guarantee. This time estimate can certainly be much more so be careful. If I had a $1000 dollars:-) for every time I have seen the posts of people including myself that believe the grass is greener than where they are. I could probably retire right now. Be careful coming here as an FO to this part of the world, it's not like being an FO in Europe or the US as I am assuming you are right now.

Good Luck

Last edited by flyer25; 16th Feb 2017 at 02:48. Reason: typo's