PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COPA Airlines interviews
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2017, 21:51
Pedro Andrade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt4lex
I just finished the tests and interviews with COPA. Well actually I got the psych evaluation with the Aviation Authority soon, but other than that Im done.

First day of tests was not that hard. Computer test with 6 different part. Go to latetspilotjobs if you wanna prepare for them. There was a computer psychological evaluation, no big deal. There was an interview with a captain and an HR analyst. They were both very professional and polite. No aviation knowledge was asked, just things like "what does CRM mean to you and give us an example of it" or "tell us about a time when you had to make a hard call".

Second day was sim of seneca II. The procedure was a SID with an arc, then a VOR approach then vectors for ILS and a hold somewhere in between, nothing too hard and yet, I know I could have done better.

Then the polygraph and then some blood tests.
Last week I did a Skype call with a person that checks your english level and now I still gotta do the Aviation Authority Psych evaluation.

They have been very professional at all times and I am getting a good vibe from this company!

Now, this process is a bit tricky. How? Well, if you dont suceed for example in the Day 1 tests, you dont go to day 2. If you dont succeed in day 2 tests, you dont get to have the Skype call or come back to panama for the psych eval.

As I understand so far, if you made it to the psych eval, next step is the bridge course. The psych eval is mostly just a requirement of the aviation authority.

I hope this helps!
Thanks Capt4lex!

I just recived the e-mail asking for the documents copies, but in the list is written that the minimum ICAO level is 5 and on the website it is written that the minimum level is 4 (????).

Are you type rated or have jet experience ?

Good luck in your career!