PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain UA455 removed from flight for "emotional meltdown"
Old 12th Feb 2017, 23:53
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
She was divorced in 2015 after 28 years of marriage.

Originally Posted by JW411
I would imagine that the F/O was looking at the seniority list.
She's been with United since the late 1980's according to my sources. That would put her in the early EEOC hires with the Frasca trainer interview at Stapleton.

She's 54 with a daughter and a son from the marriage and lives near Sacramento. Her father flew for Pan Am back in the glory days and her son is in Air Force flight training.

Originally Posted by tsgas
the was that she is dressed would be suitable for driving a cab
I would suggest that grooming and uniform standards have not been consistently enforced for females at U.S. airlines. Any comment on appearance or hairstyle can be spun into a harassment claim from what a male supervisory pilot told me a few years ago. He seemed to speak from experience.

Anyway, she was in civilian clothes. But I still wouldn't wear flip-flops to work, even to check my crew mail, much less to command an airliner. I've sure had to find a phone booth to change into a uniform a time or two over the years when I was a commuter.

Some ops manuals I've used actually do have a procedure for operating a revenue flight in civilian attire with authorization. Don't know about United.

Last edited by Airbubba; 13th Feb 2017 at 04:21.