PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2017, 12:23
LGWAlan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IOMX
I agree if you leave booking the flight to a month out then you run the risk of the BA flight being more expensive. However if you book further out there is often very little in it. In fact I looked at a travel date of 28th April and the cheapest EZY flight off the island was £94 with BA being £97! You are also quite correct in saying that you can use an Oyster card on LGW to London but not on the Gatwick express so that will mean a very long and extended journey as the train will stop at a lot of stations. So if you want to get back to London at 1am in the morning as the EZY flight has been inevitably delayed and then sat on the slow train then that's fine.
My point is please check these things out as BA is not always the expensive option people think. And please everyone who reads this encourage as many people you know to do so and understand the full implications of the end to end journey travel time.
also a ticket price of £60 which is what BA can be if booked in advance is hardly expensive for an hours flight take a look at the cost of a train journey from London to the North West!
The Gatwick Express takes just 5 mins off the fastest Southern/First Capital Connect train between Gatwick and central London. And is double the price. Common misconception. Fastest Southern trains stop at East Croydon and Clapham Junction only.

Last edited by LGWAlan; 9th Feb 2017 at 12:24. Reason: to correct spelling